Buck’s Lake to the Braaatens/Belden Town 7/19 1265 – 1289 = 24 miles
– Easy, very pretty first half of day. Gentle climb, great vast views of Lassen National Forest
– First cell reception point on crest in about a week – Yay! (called Frazier)
– Crazy steep 9.5 mile descent into Belden Town with lots of poison oak last two miles
– Trail went through Belden Town resort, this little “Town and hotel” on the river. There there were boat loads of people camping, partying and setting up rave music, etc. NUTS! So strange to see a party like that in the middle of nowhere
– People were wearing all sorts of crazy party outfits and lots of drinking
– Got in w/ Burning Calves, Hitch, Rymnocerous and we called the Brattens right away to see if they could pick us up and take us to their “Little Haven” hiker hostel. TB Continued.
7/20 14.5 miles
– Climb all day 4800 feet 😦
– Exhausted today
– Hiked with G Dub and One Pint
– Found a great campsite where we viewed an amazing sunset and had ice cold spring water, Frog Spring
– Mileage didn’t really matter today due to an upcoming nero in Chester
– Swimming hole in the river/creek with G Dub, One Pint
– Sweated buckets!
– Found enough food in hiker box