Saturday 7/13 mile 1155 -1169 = 14 miles start 10:30 am – 6pm
8:30pm Just got done eating dinner at my campsite with Nick/Kenobi (Pct hiker I met day 1 and again at Warner Springs w/ Frazier, and Paradise Valley Cafe w/ Frazier, Braveheart and messenger. Hadn’t seen him since … Whitewater!!! no wait, Agua Dulce just as he was leaving the Saufley’s). So, it was supercool to see him again. Also around me is “Just Chris,” and two new people, Huneybunny and Mike. Behind me is Toots Magoots and Tears for Beers, also new.
Today was a bit sad for me before camp because Dawn left to go back home today from Donner Pass 😦 Her in laws picked her up this morning there so she could go get her car in Echo Lake, where she started with me four days ago. It’s always a bit sad when your friend/loved one goes away again. But I had a awesome four days with her and I appreciated the company so much . We are a ball of giggles when we are together. And this time was no different even though she hiked 15 miles/day with me through blisters, sore knees, lots of mosquito bites, and lots of up/down terrain. Best sport ever! She is amazing! I think she enjoyed it, too. So glad to her her friendship. Thanks Dawn! You are the best!
Here are some highlights from our four days from Echo Lake to Donner Pass since we took voice memos each night instead of journaling (too fun!)
– Aloha Lake in Desolation Wilderness = awesome!
– Dick’s Pass, Dick’s Lake, Dick’s Peak in DW
– Fontinillis Lake was the prettiest lake in DW, although we didn’t swim because too chilly 😦
– Mosquitoes were not too bad
– Camped by Gilmore Lake, Five Lakes Creek (best campsite of the trip w/ Dawn), Richardson Lake
– My legs feel super strong!
– Lots of wildflowers and interesting insects
– She got to meet some of my trail friends
– Lots of exposed ridge climbing/windy!
– Had my best resupply yet, from Lake Tahoe, very proud of myself 🙂 not too heavy
– Good weather
– Had some back chafe from new cut[?] running shorts
– We shared my tent and it worked well!
– Overall a really good trip!
– Saw marmots again